|Invitation for Bids|
1. The Government of Mozambique will receive a grant from the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) towards the cost of the Emergency Generation Project and intends to apply that part of the proceeds to eligible payments under the contract for the Extension of the existing Temane Power Plant.
2. Electricidade de Moçambique-EP now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the, design, manufacture, supply, erection ,test and commissioning on a turn-key basis of a new generation power plant consisting of two new natural gas fueled generating sets including ancillary equipment. (“The Works”).
3. The Bidder is required to attend a compulsory site visit and examine the power station and its surroundings and obtain on hit own responsibility all information and details that may be necessary for preparing the bid and entering into a contract for the provision of the Works. The costs of the site visit shall be at the Bidder’s own expenses. The bid kick-off meeting and site visit will take place in Inhassoro district (TEMANE POWER PLANT) from 31st May to 1st June 2O12.
4. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the bidding documents at the office of Electricidade de Moçambique at
Direcção de Serviços de Produção
70, Agostinho Neto Ave, 2nd Floor
Telephone: +258 21 481515
Fax: +258 21493002
5. A complete set of bidding documents may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the above and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of $US 300 or its equivalent in Meticais. The method of payment will be cash or by Bank check or Bank transfer.
Name of Bank: Millenium BIM
Beneficiary: “EDM – Exploração”
Account no. 1188445 (in MZM)
Account no. 20594071 (in $US)
6. Bids shall be valid for 120 days and must be delivered to the above office on or before 12:00 hours local time on 6th July and must be accompanied by a security of 2.5% of the bid amount
7. Technical Bids will be opened in the presence of bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at 15:00 hours local time of 6th July at the above mentioned offices of the Employer. Opening of financial offers will performed at later stage in the presence of bidders’ representatives who choose to attend.
8. The Employer will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by the bidders in connection with the preparation or delivery of their bids.