- EDM is a member of SAPP, a regional institution in the electricity industry and composed of national electricity companies.
- SNEL, TANESCO, ESCOM, ZESCO, ENE, NAMPOWER, BPC, ZESA, EDM, SEB, ESKOM and LEC.
- SAPP aims to optimize and rationalize investments, use of electrical facilities and energy resources for the benefit of the region with a view to materializing the aspirations of the SADC member States.
- The Regional Coordination Centre is based in HARARE, which is responsible for management of regional market for commercialization of short-term electricity.
- EDM performs an active role in this market, as exporter of surplus electricity in low demand periods.